Botox injections, like other cosmetic procedures, have their fears, especially since we see and hear many unpleasant experiences of Botox injections these days. If you are also thinking about Dysport Botox, but you are not sure about the result, you are afraid of its possible side effects or you do not know what care is needed after the injection, stay with us. In this article, Dr. Leila Fard introduces us to the reasons for dissatisfaction with the result, possible side effects, and post-Botox care.
What is Botox and what is its use?
You probably know that Botox removes facial wrinkles. You are right, but let’s go into a little detail. The nature of Botox is a toxin derived from a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum (Botulinum toxin). Of course, this toxin has been transformed in the laboratory and has become in the form of modern drugs.
Many of us when we speak or laugh, all the movements of our faces reflected in the forehead. In the long run, these conditions cause forehead knots, horizontal lines, and unevenness. Botox improves facial lines, such as forehead lines and crow’s feet lines around the eyes by temporarily paralyzing the subcutaneous muscles.
What is the cause of dissatisfaction with Botox injections?
Frowning faces, high lift eyebrows, uneven eyes, unusual and artificial posture when laughing and talking, masked and motionless forehead, and other problems are some of the common complaints of people who have experienced low-quality Botox injections or the wrong technique. There are subtleties in how Botox is injected that can change the result. The distance between bad Botox and good Botox is narrowly one line, the line that your doctor draws with:
Aesthetic vision: The correct aesthetic vision allows the doctor to determine what technique is right for you by looking at the shape of the eyes and eyebrows, the distance between the eyes, the height and shape of the forehead, the distance between the tail of the eyebrows and the corner of the eye, the distance between the crown of the eyebrows and the nose and the height of the globe of the eye, and so on.
Injectable drug: The drug that is injected is the beginning and endpoint of this narrow line. Among the various types of Botox drugs, Dysport (Ipsen, UK) is one of the most reputable. Why Disport? Because:
- It does not change the form of laugh and talk.
- Very balanced and calculated, it works exactly on the injected areas. Therefore, it does not make the face artificial.
- It has scientific support and has been used in the world for more than 35 years to remove forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet lines. Therefore, many studies and scientific articles support all physicians who use Dysport.
View this post on Instagram
Botox injections, like other cosmetic procedures, are not limited to this definition, and it is the art and expertise of your doctor that can make the result stunning.
Dr. Leila Fard says:
Botox injections are not just for wrinkles. As someone who has been injecting Dysport for more than 15 years, I consider it a combination of science and art.
What are the side effects of Botox injections?
Botox injections have almost no side effects if they are of a high-quality type and are accompanied by the experience and expertise of a specialist doctor. In rare cases, some of the following side effects may occur:
- Drooping eyelids or ptosis: which occurs due to the spread of the drug and its effect on the eyelid muscles. The possibility of this complication in poor quality Botox and incorrect technique is very high. This problem can be solved by massaging the forehead and removing the effect of Botox and it is not permanent.
- Puffy eyelids
- Artificial face
- Abnormally eyebrows lift
What should you not do after Botox?
The satisfaction of Botox results indeed depends on the type of injectable medicine and the doctor’s expertise, but part of the responsibility falls on you. So try not to do the following after Botox injection:
Up to 5 hours:
- Do not bend
- Do not lie down
- Do not exercise
- Do not wash your face
Up to 2 days:
- Do not massage the injection site
- Don’t scratch the injection site
- Do not do eyebrows correction
- Gently massage the cream into your skin using a small and circular motion
Have you ever experienced Botox injections? Was the result satisfactory or not? Share your experiences with us.